I have been so busy! But a good busy (is there such a thing?). Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, we plan to have lunch with Randy's parents and dinner with Markus's birth family. Randy is on call, so he could have to leave at any time. Hopefully he WILL get calls, but not too many. :)
I had a visit from ECI (for Markus) and CLASS Coordinator (for Kennedy) this week. Both are terrific programs!!
Karrigan's BFFAE Shayli spent the day with us. We had a good first day off of school. We had lunch at McDonalds. Markus saw the PT at Scottish Rite. The therapist taught me massage and stretching exercises to help with Markus's clubbed feet. The more stretching we can do, the less aggressive surgery will have to be and the quicker he can heal. We played on the playground at the hospital. Then Kennedy had a check up at psychiatry clinic, it was good. In fact, we don't have to go back. We can just use Kennedy's primary care doc.
The weather has been so nice here. Today is was 80 and breezy. The other day, the kids and I were outside. While I sat on the swing and read, Nolan and Karrigan both took a turn taking Markus for a walk in his stroller. Markus loved it! But Reagan wanted a turn. So I told her she could push him, but to count 5 houses and then turn around. Reagan takes longer, going 5 houses down, than the other kids going the whole street. She talks to Markus. She stops to look at things and share with him. She picks up things to show him. It is PRECIOUS! I loved watching her.
Nolan was upset tonight, talking about Thanksgiving. He said that turkeys are animals and he doesn't know why we have to eat animals. I reminded him about hamburgers. He said he feels bad when he eats a hamburger. He said that he thinks eating animals should be against the law, and he doesn't care how good bacon tastes! Sweet boy!
My niece Megan came by tonight. What a treat! We don't see her nearly as much as we'd like. And she hadn't met Markus yet. I love that girl! I'm so proud of her.
For the first time EVER, I am going to shop the wee hours of "Black Friday". I have always said those shoppers are CRAZY. lol But now that my kids are asking for expensive stuff, it doesn't seem so crazy. Did you know that I have FIVE kids??? So Black Friday is almost a necessity now.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment