Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stuff

OK, well my mother is law has a final diagnosis of a pulmonary embolism.  Which isn't great, but it's wonderful to have an answer and that it can easily be treated!  She has to stay inpatient another 2 days for treatment.  I'm not sure when they will come back to Texas.  My brother in law is home!  Neither of them would have chosen this route, but both of them have truly been blessed with their care!  Randy is flying home as I type.  The kids and I have done well alone, but we sure will be glad to have him back. 
Markus and I, along with my friend Robbi paid our sweet friend Melanie a visit in the hospital today.  She had surgery yesterday and will be there until Saturday.  She seemed to be tolerating things well and has her super hubby there to help her.  Robbi and I had a YUMMY lunch at The Cheesecake Factory!  Their menu is so big, you could eat there every day for a month and not try everything.  I can't deal with all those choices!!
Reagan had a "feast" outside today.  I asked if Markus could join her, she loved that idea.  Here are some pictures.


 Look at his neck! lol




You know what this is?  It's love!  Robbi loved me enough to organize my pantry!  She begged to help me while Randy was gone.   I told her this would sooo bless me!!  I was sick of things falling on me every time I opened the door.  Thank you Robbi for always doing whatever I need!


I didn't sleep well last night.  Markus got up several times and Reagan slept with me.  She is not a good bed mate! lol  She talks, grinds her teeth and moves a lot.  During the wee hours this morning, Markus was crying and when I got up to check on him, I got a terrible leg cramp! The kind you get when you are pregnant.  It was debilitating and my leg has been sore all day.  I am hoping for a better rest tonight.  On a positive note... the kids have been really good during Randy's absence.  They have been doing whatever chores I assign them and not complaining about our quickie dinners.  They could have made this a lot harder on me, but they didn't.  I have actually enjoyed them as much as ever.  They are all in bed now (8:15 wow!), washed and fed, homework done and they are happy.  I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Markus's birthday party is on Saturday!  He is going to love being the center of attention!!  I plan on spending some time with Grandpa.  And hopefully the 7 Carpenters can spend some quality time together. 
I'm off to read my book by flashlight! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment