Ok so.... you need to know that my son, Nolan Carpenter, is playing basketball!!! Basketball!! On a team. Running. Sweating. A sport! Hello. His first practice was yesterday. He was a little lost but he did great! I am so excited for the upcoming season! GO NUMBER 2!!! Markus and Reagan were at his practice. Reagan had fun, playing with little friends. Markus was so cute, clapping at the boys practicing! He has no doubt paid attention to us at Karrigan's basketball games. I clap and yell the entire time! :) It may be a little premature for Nolan, but I can't help but think..... college scholarship! lol He is a super star!!
Markus is getting sooo big!! Sometimes he looks more like a little boy and not as much like a baby. Which is both exciting and sad. He can get anywhere he chooses in a flash! He is pulling up on his knees all the time now. He is holding his bottle and cup now. He mostly sleeps through the night, but there are times when he wakes up, mostly for a "sassy". We rarely need to give him a bottle during the night. He is so darn cute!!! He is irresistible to everyone! He is so loved.
Tomorrow the kids get out of school early and then don't go for 2 weeks. School breaks are a blessing and a curse to me. I love, love not getting up by alarm! I love getting to do whatever we want, planning fun outings and having pajama days! But... the kids eat ALL day, they expect to be entertained, and they fight! This is our first long break since Markus came to us. It will be interesting to say the least! I have high hopes.
Randy has been working a lot. He is tired. But it sure helps this time of year. I am so grateful for his job and his dedication.
Markus and I had breakfast with Grandpa on Wednesday. During breakfast he mentioned that both his computer AND tv were not working. I know this is not true, it's HIM and not the electronics. But, more than anything I want to help him and for him to be happy. So after breakfast we went to his apartment and I gave him step by step instructions (AGAIN) for his email and his tivo. I left, feeling satisfied that I had helped him and him feeling grateful for my "expertise". I did not make it home before Grandpa called me. He was having trouble printing a Whataburger coupon. I told him I would call when I got home and could look at it myself. So... I called when I got home and we spent another 20 minutes on the phone, trying to get the free chicken sandwich at Whataburger printed out. lol I am not exaggerating....that man would walk through fire, soaked in gasoline or swim through shark infested waters for anything free... but especially food!! I love that man!!!
The kids are super excited for Christmas. Randy is excited too. lol

No comments:
Post a Comment