Thursday, December 30, 2010

Growing

Do you know what's more fun than watching your kids, with barely containable anticipation, rip open their gifts Christmas morning?   It's digging through the big, outside trash cans and recycling bins, looking for a toy your kid is sure got thrown away.  Then bagging it all back up, not finding the small toy.  That is fun!  Motherhood is super great!  Everyone should do it.  Just in case you're wondering...I later found that little stupid toy in the couch cushion!
It's amazing how LITTLE time I have for computer, tv and phone these days.  Having all 5 kids here allllll day is a lot of work! lol  I'm not ready to say I want them to go back to school.  But I'm not going to say I'd mind either. 
We had a great Christmas holiday!  The kids got everything (I think) they asked for.  We spent time with lots of family and friends.  I will try to get some pictures up soon. 
We are making some big changes to the house.  We had our formal dining room closed in (with a lot of help from some friends) to make a bedroom.  It needs cosmetic work done still, but it's really close and all of the kids want the new room.   We are very excited!  We haven't decided who will go where, but I think all of the kids will be changing rooms.  Anyone want to help me paint??
Markus cut a new tooth.  Nolan lost a tooth. 
We won a contest to have free family photos taken.  That should be interesting!
We will be spending NYE with friends, having game night.  Game Night is always loud and fun.  And one of my friends always cheats. :D  Randy has the next 4 days off work (Lord have mercy).  But he will be gone for two days for a friend's bachelor party (don't get crazy ideas!). 
Everyone in the Carpenter family is doing great!  We are all growing and learning.  It has been a very blessed year for us!  When I think back and remember everything that we have been given....I am humbled and in awe!  It's hard to believe 2011 could be any better...but somehow I know it will be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment