Markus's therapist suggested I start teaching Markus a few "signs" to help him communicate until he learns to speak. So I have been diligent about signing, although my family makes fun of me. I say "eat", "drink", "more" and "all done". And guess what?! Markus has started signing "more"!!! The family that has made fun of me is now impressed! We rock Markus!!
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Signing has been such a blessing in our family!! Gage is 3 and talks up a storm and still uses his signs for emphasis. Last time I counted, he knew upwards of 75 signs. Evie is almost 1 and signs "milk", "Daddy", and is working on "more" and "all done". If you haven't already, get some Signing Time DVDs. We love them. Markus would probably really enjoy Baby Signing Time. Be prepared for him to completely take off when he makes that connection and realizes that signs have meaning!
ReplyDeleteI finally decided to make a google account so I could sign in and comment on your blog! :D I'm in ASL 2 and know hundreds of signs! I can't wait to visit and we need to set up a specific date so we can all get together and catch up, and perhaps I could teach you guys a few new signs. :)
ReplyDeleteJust let me know when you want to visit!
ReplyDeleteJessica,
ReplyDeleteI plan to look for those dvds! But... does that mean I have to watch them too? lol