I refuse to say this has been a bad week! I like to think of it as a challenging week! :) So often we wonder "why". I know I do. Why does God let bad things happen....Why does God let good people die....Why doesn't God intervene when we ask....etc, etc. I believe that God is not punishing us with challenges. He is not angry with us. I think He gives us challenges to allow us to improve ourselves. Maybe it is to strengthen our character. Maybe it's to show us something we have been blind to. Maybe it's to expose us to a person or situation we would not have known otherwise. Maybe it is so that we may recognize something within ourselves that we haven't tuned in to. I don't know. It's just random thinking. I guess it's how we handle the challenges....what we do with what we've learned....how we treat those around us when we are down...that's what matters, I think. I don't think we should dwell on the bad things. Life is BEAUTIFUL if we CHOSE to see it.
We got word on Wednesday that our friend Phil had passed away very unexpectedly. He left behind two boys that he was raising alone. It is still very hard to believe!! He will be missed!!
Thursday we had plans with the Banks family to go to the Ft Worth Zoo. Both Robbi and Shayli (mother and daughter) woke up sick Thursday and had to cancel. Randy was also (VERY) sick Thursday and missed work. So the kids and I ventured out to the zoo by ourselves. At the very last SECOND, I called my Grandpa to see if he'd like to join us. He said yes!! I was thrilled! After a lot of walking Grandpa didn't feel well. He was overdressed for a warm day, everyone thought he may just have overheated. Long story short, he was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he immediately went to for a heart cath. He did not need any additional stents and was basically ok. He spent the night and next day in ICU. I think the final theory is that he overworked his very weak heart. :( What an "adventure" that was for the kids! lol Honestly, they were TERRIFIC during the whole ordeal. My super, fantastic, unbelievably kind friend, Robbi drove in downtown, rush hour traffic through two major cities to pick up the kids and deliver them home. Grandpa is now home and is feeling great. He APOLOGIZED for cutting our day short!! I felt I owed HIM an apology for not taking better care of him!! I love him soooo much. I want to be with him and share things with him. I guess now that I know, without a doubt, how fragile he is, I will just take EXTRA extra precautions to keep him healthy. I would really like to take him back to the zoo. He was enjoying himself and so were we. I hope he will say yes. Kennedy has an electric wheelchair he can use if we can transport it, or the zoo rents scooters for $25. He deserves to see it all.
Friday Markus had pre-op at the Scottish Rite Hospital. It took SIX HOURS. His birth father Robert spent the day there with us. Again, the kids were really good, considering what we were doing. Markus is scheduled for surgery on Monday, the 21st at 9am. He is expected to stay in the hospital until Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how he does. I will be updating the blog as often as I can. It will probably be the best source of information, since email doesn't reach as many people. So check back often. Visitor stuff- Markus will be on the third floor. Visiting hours end at 8pm. If you are sick or think you're sick, please stay home and visit him later. No latex balloons! You are asked to clean your hands when you come and when you leave his room.
I added some pictures to the last blog entry and will add some to this one later. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment