Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Post op!

There is something deeply satisfying, when a person's true character is revealed, when the mask finally comes off.  Especially when THEY reveal it!  And then it's clear that YOU were the one who was misjudged.  I suppose it is also sad, because then it's "out" and can no longer be covered up or denied.  I'm just sayin...    lol



We are officially "post op".  We are home and everything is going well.  Markus seems to be feeling pretty good and is taking his lack of mobility well for now.  Here are some pictures.
Feet before surgery

Waiting....  we did a lot of that!

Made it to the OR waiting area!


This is "drunk" Markus, click to play it.  I'm easily amused, ok?
He would say "hi" to every person that even entered his line of sight!


Back in his room



A wagon ride, his first time out of bed.


Having a snack



Wednesday morning, all changed and ready for the day!

The plan for now, is to return to the hospital on Tuesday, get the pins taken out of his feet and get recasted.  If the doctor is happy with the position of the feet, Mac will keep the casts for 5 weeks.  If not, we get recasted again in a week, until the doctor is happy with the positioning.  After 5 weeks, the casts come off and he will be fitted for AFOs (ankle foot orthotics, small leg braces).  He will be casted again, this time below the knee, for another 6 weeks.  After that, he will begin wearing his AFOs to help him stand.  

The other kids are doing very well.  You did know I have 4 other children, didn't you? lol  They have been very gracious about having to take a back seat!  Karrigan has a choir performance this evening and Reagan has soccer practice.  This Saturday is our first softball game.  I believe our first soccer game is the week after that.  Good times! 
My Grandpa is doing great.  He doesn't have any lasting effects from his "incident" last week. lol  In fact, he was at the hospital with me all day Monday.  He is just the sweetest, kindest man ever.  Ya know, when Kennedy was little she had a lot of surgeries and hospital stays.  My Grandparents were always there.  Just there.  Not always talking or DOING anything, just there for us.  They always wanted Kennedy to know they were there and wanted to help however they could.  I always assumed that it was Grandma's idea, to hang out in a hospital waiting room all day.  Most men would rather do ANYthing else.  But now Grandpa does it.  He just wants you to know he is THERE. 
Today is the one year anniversary of my Grandma's passing.  I know Grandpa misses her.  We all do. 


Here are a few pictures I took at the zoo last Thursday, before the paramedics had to be called! lol  You have to laugh or you'll cry! :)  It was St. Patty's day, hence the green shirts.

Kennedy and Reagan

Markus


I loved watching this!  Fascinating!


Karrigan, Reagan and Kennedy

Kennedy, Markus and Grandpa

Karrigan and Nolan

Karrigan sitting at the window by a kimono dragon, cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment