Friday, January 28, 2011

Boys

It's Friday!  It's been a great week.  I look forward to a great weekend as well. 
This week Nolan was Ben Franklin in the "Living Museum" at his school.  He did really great, considering his dread of public speaking.  He also started "Explorer" classes at school.  He got stuck with his second choice (arts n crafts) but he is ok with it, since he has a buddy in the same class.  He stays after school once a week.  He is a pretty busy dude.  He has homework,  chores, explorer class, basketball 3 times a week, GAMING,  friends, etc. He gets up early and goes to bed early.   I'm so proud of him!  I've said it before.... every mom should get to have a Nolan!
Ben Franklin 

Go #2

 
 
Markus is "talking" up a storm!  He is making so many new sounds!  And his gestures are just so cute and impressive.  He had a sonogram on his bladder and kidneys today.  He was so GOOD!  We were finished in no time!  I won't hear the results for several weeks.  The best part.... the sonographer said Markus looks "just like me". :D  I told her he is adopted.  She just kept saying "Are you sure!?".  Uh.... yes, I'm sure.  lol  But he is so stinkin cute, I'm glad to look like him! 
Being at Scottish Rite Hospital with Markus today, I was feeling a bit emotional.  It's so hard for me to wrap my brain around mothering TWO patients of the hospital. lol  When Kennedy was a baby 14 years ago, Spina Bifida and everything that comes with it was so foreign, so scary.  Now it is second nature. it's a "non issue".  Noone plans to give birth to a baby with special needs, I know I didn't!!  But in my wildest dreams I could not have imagined adopting a baby with special needs.  But that is exactly what we have done.  And what's weird to me is that it's not weird!!  Markus doesn't feel scary or like extra work.  He just feels like my son.  
 At the doctor with Reagan


At Walmart, shocking I know! 



Markus loves him a bath!!
I don't know what it is about these boys.  But they just hook you!  They reel you in and they've stolen your heart.  Nolan and Markus are still so young.  I hope they have many, many more years ahead of them.  But already I have been changed by them.  Thank you, God, for the little men in my life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment