Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kids

The other day Reagan said "It's a good thing we got that Markus, cause now you don't have to be lonely while we're at school".  It's hilarious that she thinks I'm lonely while they are gone!!  But I have to admit....I have thoroughly enjoyed Markus's company today.  He has been really quiet, a change from the nonstop yelling that has been going on. :)  But he has been super sweet and just hanging out with me in whatever room I'm in.  He is gesturing so much with his hands and his face is so full of expression!  In the mornings, when he and I go to wake up the older kids, his face lights up and he points at them.  It's as if he is saying "HEY, there you are!". 
I was thinking today about how completely different each Carpenter kid came into the family.  Kennedy was conceived out of wedlock (shocking I know lol).  Of course we knew she would have special needs and were terrified the entire pregnancy.  Kennedy actually made us a "family".  We tried for a year to conceive Karrigan.  We were thrilled to be expecting again and then to know she was healthy.  Having two girls was great, one for Randy and one for me!  Nolan was a surprise baby.  We were shocked to be pregnant but thrilled to have a son.  He was just what we didn't know we wanted!  Reagan joined the Carpenter family slowly.  As a temporary situation drug on and on, it was clear we needed to make it permanent.   She needed us, but we didn't know that we needed her too!  And then Markus, who was brought to our attention by way of the internet, wow!  I can honestly say that I felt each kid completed our family.  Each child, no matter how or when or why they joined our family, has made us complete!  Each of the kids are so different, so unique, so special, so complicated and so loved!  Markus is here, he is home, and now I can't imagine life without him.  Amazing how God works, how He just knows.  Markus puts the period at the end of our family sentence....when I never knew he was missing!!  I think Reagan was right about one thing, it's a good thing we got that Markus.  And Reagan.  And Nolan.  And Karrigan.  And Kennedy. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment