Monday, April 4, 2011

TAKS

We had a full but good weekend.  Randy was in Dumas Arkansas with the CWF, doing a show there. I was at home with my 5, plus one kid.  But I have to say that they were all really good.  Saturday we had a soccer game and then a softball game.  Markus's birth father and his family came out to show their support and spent some time with Big Mac.  We went to Saturday evening church service then out to dinner with our friends, the Banks (and Cami).  Karrigan spent the night with Shayli.  Sunday we packed a big picnic lunch and met the Banks for food and fun! lol  We played ball, flew kites, played with the dogs and sunbathed.  Well, I got sunBURNED.  Note to self.... spray on sunscreen does not provide much protection when applied in strong winds.  Here are some pictures. 
 Kennedy, Shayli and Markus

 Nolan watching Bruno poop. 

 Karrigan




 Shayli playing football


 Markus and Kennedy


 Reagan flying a kite.



 Nolan...... playing.....video games.....shocking



 He finally flew a kite! 


 Mac, eating cantaloupe and playing ball.




  
I have grumpy kids at my house.  Kennedy and Karrigan have TAKS testing this week.  Nolan has "practice TAKS".  It is awful, how much pressure it put on the kids (and teachers) to excel at these tests.  I know there needs to be some sort of test to measure learning, but there has to be a better way.  It doesn't help that they were out late last night watching Wrestlemania with their Daddy.  Reagan, Markus, Reagan's friend and myself stayed home and watched "Tangled", super cute movie! 


I LOVE this song!!  The video and the guy are kinda gay. lol  But I still love the song.  I keep hoping Randy will suddenly "POOF" into a romantic guy.  So far, not so much! lol 


Markus has Spina Bifida clinic in the morning.  Hopefully we won't be there ALLLLL day.  But I'm planning for the worst.  
Markus has 11 teeth!  He is crawling around now with his casts.  He is happy and smiley.  He has started telling the dogs "GO!" when he is eating in his highchair.  He started taking a medicine that HOPEFULLY will help him stop throwing up at night.  He has had about 3 doses now.  I hope it can stop this easily!!  I don't want him to have to go through invasive testing.  He was up most of the night last night, I have no idea why.  I am hoping for a peaceful night tonight since we have a busy day tomorrow.  
We are on target to formally adopt Markus after April 31st!  Karrigan pulled up the article where I first read about him.  It is so hard for my brain to wrap around what all has happened since I first saw that picture.  I have to say, once again, that God is amazing!!  I will post after clinic tomorrow with all good news, I'm sure.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment